Some prerequisites before you start to import SQLite database into Core Data
– whatever sqlite addon you use for your projects, the method expects an NSDictionary with keys (sqlite column names) and the corresponding values.
– ZAssert is provided by Marcus S. Zarra (www.cimgf.com)
Here are the rules the method counts on
1. with some exceptions (see below) core data entity properties/sqlite column name must have the same
2. the values stored in sqlite must be convertible to the datatype expected by core data
Name exceptions for core data properties
1. properties of type NSString with the name = exampleNormalized
You might want to store a string value with its normalized pendant for searching purposes. Here exampleNormalized uses a method of NormalizedStringTransformer to
convert a string into its normalized form.